I suggest you ...

Syncing of alerts / starred ads across multiple computers

Syncing data that right now is stored locally such as alerts and starred ads. Probably would require a login or maybe using google docs somehow.

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JayJay shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

i want live my all cl post how it is possible

• Anonymous commented  · 

why my post was not live

• PeterPeter commented  · 

Excellent suggestion. I would explicitly add the list of hidden ads to data that should be synced, as having to display and then rehide ads I am not interested in is costing me a huge amount of time when going back and forth between two different computers.

In Firefox-based browsers, CLIP/CH data would ideally be synced using Firefox Sync (formerly Weave). This is how the NoScript extension currently syncs user preferences (although users have to opt in by changing a setting in about:config).

Formerly, NoScript allowed users to store their NoScript preferences in a special-purpose bookmark that could be picked up and synced by whatever bookmark-syncing utility (Weave, Xmarks, etc.) they happened to be using. Conceivably, this approach might also allow for cross-browser syncing of CLIP/CH preferences, provided the settings were stored in a format that could be decoded by the relevant browsers' variant of the CLIP/CH extension.

Anyway, regardless of how it is achieved, being able to sync CLIP/CH preferences across multiple computers would be a huge plus.

Feedback and Knowledge Base